Valley Beit Midrash (VBM) is a collaborative organization that brings new, exciting, and relevant programs to the Greater Phoenix Jewish community in a diverse, warm, engaging, and pluralistic setting.
In the last several years, VBM has grown to be an organization on the cutting edge of Jewish educational and leadership development programming here in the Greater Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona area. The new position of Program Coordinator will have three primary areas of responsibility:
– Organizes educational programs (speakers, panels, classes)
– Manages event logistics
– Coordinates of speakers travel and programs
– Coordinates logistics with partners for locations and set up
– Plans and facilitates immersive experiences
– Plans Young Professionals Shabbat/Havdalah
– Recruitment and Outreach (events, fellowships, special program)
– Maintains relationships with existing community partners and seek out new opportunities
– Brings singles, young families, and new learning groups together
– Attends community programs and serves as an ambassador for VBM
– Some fundraising
– Typical programs and events include: Men’s and Women’s retreats, Converts’ Leadership Programs, Start Me Up!, Teen Mussar, Jewish Leadership Corps, Interfaith Dialogue, YATOM Family Fellowship, Recruitment and Outreach
– Manages organizational finances & tracks budgets
– Leads fundraising campaigns (Phone, email, and mailing campaigns)
– Researches grant opportunities
– Maintains and regularly audits organizational data
– Manages Volunteer/Intern Programs
3. Operations & Administration
– Office Management
– Marketing management
– Maintains relationship with Jewish News and other media outlets
– Maintain general updates of website, including managing banner ads, relationship with provider for support Listserv; oversees accuracy of data in both member database (Little Green Light) and email newsletter platform (MailChimp)
– Social Media – Ensures platforms are leveraged for event promotions and general updates. Engage with partners and community members as VBM for engagement purposes
– Development of creative materials (advertisements, digital graphics, stationary)
– Oversees the administration of the VBM Google Suite (all email accounts, google drive, shared files, etc.)
– At least 3-5+ years in Jewish organizational work and professional leadership.
– Highly relational, social, warm, and engaging for various age populations and demographics.
– Detail-oriented, comfortable with people, and self-driven
– Comfortable using Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).Photoshop skills a plus.
– The drive to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment!
This is a full-time position. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the President & Dean of VBM and works with the Operations Director to execute the organization’s objectives.
The Program Director will start ASAP (Summer 2018).
Salary and Benefits
VBM offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resumé/CV, and supporting materials in the form provided HERE.